Tuesday, November 11, 2008

X-rays



After months of having more than the normal pain in my knee I decided it was time to head out to the doctor and find out what is going on in there.

I went to my primary doctor on Friday and he said he thought I should go straight to the orthopedic surgeon just in case it is anything that would be the guy I would end up needing to see anyway, plus they could do x-rays on sight.

So this morning I went to the surgeon, got some x-rays and am now waiting for an MRI. The surgeon is pretty sure that I have an meniscus tear in my left knee. This is both good and bad. Good because they have finally been able to tell me what the heck is wrong with my knee and why is locks up on me, bad because that means surgery! The x-rays were normal and I have to wait for the MRI next week to confirm but he is pretty sure that is what it will show. So until further notice I am restricted from all of my FUN activities. No more dance, or Yoga, or hiking or the snowboard season this year for sure. Not the best news that I wanted to hear but what am I going to do.

So until the MRI... I must wait and see!

3 comments:

The Hardy's said...

I had no idea your knee was bothering you...or did I? I hope they can figure it all out sooner than later.

The Wilker Family said...

Sorry about that! At least you know what's going on and can get it fixed, so that's good.

Lori said...

I had that surgery Aranne, no problems, you will be walking normally in days!!