Monday, November 24, 2008

Gratitude Countdown #5: In-Laws

Mike and Holly Urbancic
#5: I am thankful for my
IN-LAWS!

I know that a lot of people don't have a great relationship with their in-laws. I know that a lot of people grow up fearing the day that they will have in-laws. I also know that there are a lot of horror stories out there about in-laws... well, none of this applies to me and my in-laws. I love my in-laws and I am so thankful for them.

I am not only thankful for them and the wonderful son that they raised and then blessed me with, but I am also thankful for them as individuals. I am so lucky to have another set of wonderful parents to call my own. They are such loving and caring people and I get to have them as additional parents. They have always welcomed me into their family and for that I am thankful. They are so warm and inviting and you can't help but fall in love with them.

I am thankful for their example to us and for their support in all of our decisions. They lend a helping hand when needed and that is also wonderful. We wish they lived a little closer so we had a chance to spend more time together, but it just makes our trips that much more exciting. I really am a lucky girl to be able to say how much I love my in-laws and how thankful I am to have them in my life.

4 comments:

kristen said...

i have a good relationship with my in-laws too! it makes things A LOT easier! are you in to the black friday shopping down there in vegas... my husband and i might venture down if anything peaks our interest!

Maile said...

Amen to that! Mike and Holly are the greatest!!

jojomynx said...

Isn't it wonderful when you get along with your in-laws? I love it too. Makes the family that much better! Thank you for sharing :) I love reading your blog.

Mike and Holly said...

And we are so grateful for you! We love you so much and are so grateful that Dan found the perfect person for him. You truly are a treasure in our family!