Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving Blessings

There is a recipe swap going around the blogosphere and a fellow blog friend of mine, Janeal, is involved and sharing some really great recipes. Anyone that knows me knows that I don't cook very much AT ALL... but I do love a cute, fun treat. I got this fun Thanksgiving Blessings Mix from my Visiting Teaching companion and thought I would share this.
Blessings Mix
Bugles: Shaped like a cornucopia or Horn of Plenty, a symbol of our nation's abundance.
Pretzels: Arms folded in prayer, a freedom sought by those who founded our country.
Candy Corn: The sacrifices of the Pilgrims' first winter. Food was so scarce that settlers survived on just a few kernals of corn a day.
Nuts or Seeds: Promise of a future harvest, one we will reap only if seeds are planted and tended with diligence.
Dried Fruit: Harvest gifts from our bountiful land.
M&Ms: Memories of those who came before us to lead us into a blessed future.
Hershey's Kiss: The love of family and friends that sweetens our lives.

No comments: