Monday, November 10, 2008

HOPE


Adoption is a way and a means of HOPE for us. It is a struggle and it requires patience, but it gives us HOPE! It gives us HOPE of a new beginning. A new life. A new family.


There is a great article that was offered by President James E. Faust in Nov. 1999. I find it ironic that he would write the article in November (National Adoption Month) and have the topic be HOPE! Totally appropriate.


HOPE applies to many aspects in our lives but as we are in the midst of adopting, we of course are applying it to adoption. Take a look at the article here and see what you get out of it.


My favorite quote is from Samuel Smiles “ ‘Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey towards it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us.’ … Hope sweetens the memory of experiences well loved. It tempers our troubles to our growth and our strength. It befriends us in dark hours, excites us in bright ones. It lends promise to the future and purpose to the past. It turns discouragement to determination.”

5 comments:

Kirsten Krason said...

I love that quote. You guys are an inspiration on the topic of hope and faith.

p.s. I can't believe you're the camp director. Honestly you will be so good at that. Sorry I can't help you. I was never a camp leader :{

Lina said...

Well said Aranne, don't lose the faith and hope. :-) If you do, I'll knock some sense in you. XX

Wendy and Rick said...

I keep praying and hoping for you guys. I wish there was more I coud do. Your blog is so inspirational. Think of you often!

jojomynx said...

I loved that talk too! I found it recently and it really helped keep hope and faith alive in my house. I know you guys will get a very special spirit into your home.

{B}dreamy said...

You are such a great example of hope. Thanks so much for your example of strength et al. *B