Sunday, November 2, 2008

Run for Nie

Thanks to THIS great lady (who I actually got a chance to meet) we were able to participate in a great event this weekend. Things have been circulating all over the Internet and blog-world about THIS COUPLE and I have wanted to find a way to help but didn't know how until now.




Bright and early Saturday morning I rallied the troops and we headed out to Summerlin to participate in the 5K Run/Walk for Nie. I was really the only one who knew what the cause was but I got my mom, dad and Dan on board for a little morning exercise. We got there with our running shoes on and headed out on the course. When we finished up we grabbed some fruit and muffins and were on our way. It was an easy way to help out for a good cause. There was a pretty good turn out and we were able to help raise over $700 for the Neilson family. It feels great to be able to help out in any way that we can.

3 comments:

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

That is great that you guys joined in. It looked like fun!

Marleen said...

It was nice meeting you that day. I think you and your family are great to have come from the other side of town. I hope we'll meet again.

Holly said...

That's wonderful! It's so nice you were able to be a part of that effort--and you are the cutest runner EVAH! :)