Sunday, November 9, 2008

Calling. Fast. Cars.

We don't really have any pictures from this weekend but there were some pretty important events that happened and we figured we should share them...

Calling: Today at church I got a new calling, a pretty BIG, calling. I am the new YW Camp Director. yep, you heard me right. Not the assistant, or just in YW, but the Camp DIRECTOR! I have no idea what they were thinking but I am pretty excited and just hope that I am able to pull it off for the girls. So now I have until July to search site after site and see what other creative ladies have come up with as far as great ideas for camp. Let me know if you have any ideas or know where to find them. I welcome any help!!!

Fast: We were able to participate (along with some great family and friends) in a fast and temple session in honor of National Adoption Month and our adoption efforts. It felt so good to know that we were all fasting and also attending the temple for the same cause and to be united in that. We are so lucky to be blessed with such a great support system. We look forward to the day that we are able to bring a little one into our home and into this wonderful family! Thanks again to all of those who participated with us. We love you!

Cars: Dan and some friends decided that they wanted to have a car wash at our house so on Saturday they washed 5 cars and in so doing inspired the rest of our street. By the time they were done 3 more houses had washed cars in their driveways as well. Thanks to their hard work last night and today we had RAIN in beautiful Las Vegas, NV! We haven't had rain in months but today we did....

We are off on another week's adventure... wish us luck! 

3 comments:

Lina said...

Congrats! I'm sure you'll find lots of fun things do to and that it will be a great, but fun, challange!

The Wilker Family said...

Good luck with the new calling! You will do an awesome job and have tons of fun I'm sure!

JANEAL said...

I'm sure you'll do great at your new calling. I'm sure the girls just love you.