Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Gratitude Countdown #6: Health

#5: I am thankful for my HEALTH

Right now this is very apparent to me. I am very thankful for the health that I am able to maintain. I complain sometimes about the headaches I have or the aches or pains that I feel but I know that these are all just temporary and I know that I could be much worse. I remember back to when I had to deal with horrible headaches daily and I am thankful for having them under control so much better now.

I have had pains in my knees for many years and no one has been able to figure out what the deal was. Well... that has all changed. As of this week we know what the problem is and we are going to take care of it. I am going in for surgery on Dec. 24th. So, I am going to have a pretty rough Christmas but at least I will be able to get my knee fixed. For this I am thankful.

I realize that there are so many people that have so many problems and can't do anything about them. I am thankful for the good health I have been blessed with and I can only hope that it continues. I try to do what I can to make healthy choices but I know I struggle sometimes.

4 comments:

Kirsten Krason said...

Wow I have knee problems as well. I didn't know you did too. Surgery!! I will be thinking of you!

Lina said...

Good to hear you've got an appointment booked in now for this! Hopefully you'll be back in no time, jumping around and tapping around! :-)

Robert and Lisa said...

The Day before Christmas!!!!! Oh you poor thing.....so what does that mean for the days festivities?? Auntie Aranne is going to have another broken "yeg". Well I will be up there so I can help you with anything you need!

Amy said...

Oh my gosh! You're having surgery on Christmas Eve? I feel for you. I'll be thinking about you!