Sunday, April 27, 2008

Weekend Wrap-up

I think we had a pretty exciting and fun-filled weekend and I wanted to share it with you...

Our plans for Friday got a little messed up so we were left with not a whole lot to do. I didn't really want to attend my mom's card class and we were still not watching any TV... so what was the next best thing to do??? SIT AND WATCH THE PLANS GO BY... LITERALLY.. Well actually we are still doing the Book of Mormon Challenge and trying to finish by May 10th and are a little behind so on Friday night we grabbed the book and went to watch the plans go by as we read. We actually got a lot of reading done and it was nice to not just be sitting in our house doing it...
Saturday I attended a BIRTHDAY PARTY... Stamp Camp that is. My mom and I hosted the stamp camp and it was a lot of fun. We made a scrapbook page, a few cards, a gift card holder, ate cake and had lots of prizes. Everyone there enjoyed themselves and it was one big party.
Dan and my dad decided not to attend the party and instead they thought it was time to get the jet skis out of storage and get them cleaned up and ready for the summer season. ( I agreed but really didn't want to do the dirty work!!!) So they spent the morning getting them all shinned up and ready for the water. YEAH!

Saturday afternoon we attended the temple. It was actually our 2nd time there in 3 days since we had been there on Thursday night with FSA, but this time we went with the ward.

Saturday night after hurrying home from the temple to change and rush to get to Mandalay Bay we were able to attend a charity concert event hosted by the Lily Claire Foundation which had the Goo Goo Dolls as the main performance but also showcased Josh Kelley and Sugar Ray... I know, who even knew they were still playing right. It was a fun night and we went with another couple and actually had some really nice seats. I loved listening to Sugar Ray ( I will admit) because it brought back lots of memories from High School and the summer times. It was all a really good concert though and all for a good cause.
This leaves us with Sunday, which thankfully is a day of rest and that is what we did. After a full week and a busy (but fun) weekend we were ready for a restful day. We enjoyed some time outside in the beautiful weather, read some more in the BOM and just hung out. I think I am ready for a new week to start but hopefully it won't be so busy.

2 comments:

The Wilker Family said...

Sounds like you guys had lots of fun. Way to go on the reading! I'm way behind, so I have some catching up to do. Don't worry, I love Sugar Ray too! I think I have two of their CD's floating around our house somewhere.

The Wilker Family said...

Yea, cool it with the reading, you passed me up!!!

Steve