Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thanks

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their kind words and their thoughts and prayers. I have definitely needed them and have felt the influence of them. Thank you so much for thinking of us and supporting us right now.

I got a quote from my brother-in-law today and it was the nicest thing ever and I wanted to share it.....
"True, enduring happiness, with the accompanying strength, courage,and capacity to overcome the greatest difficulties, will come as you center your life in Jesus Christ. Obedience to His teachings provides a secure ascent in the journey of life. That takes effort. While there is no guarantee of overnight results, there is the assurance that, in the Lord's time, solutions will come, peace will prevail, and happiness will be yours."
(Richard G. Scott, "The Atonement Can Secure Your Peace and Happiness," Ensign, Nov. 2006, 41)

I have also received a link to a wonderful website that I have been searching and searching. It has so much information on and is so great, so I wanted to say thanks to Kelly for passing that info on to me.

Just so everyone knows... We went to our FSA meeting last night and man did that help. We first off had a planning meeting and we have some great activities coming up and are excited about all of that. I am continuing to work on the blog for the group and that is fun. We had a great turn out for the Waiting Couples Meeting too. The topic was a birthmom panel and it was very interesting. There were four ladies there and they were all so great. They had such great testimonies of adoption and such great stories and insight to give to us. It was exactly what I needed. There really is a reason that we are part of FSA and that we go to these meetings. Right when I was feeling my worst, meeting time came up and now I am excited again and ready to move forward and press on!

Thanks again for your support and showing us that you care!

5 comments:

{B}dreamy said...

Thank you for your sweet words today :) I'm glad you're feeling better about things. *B

kelly said...

you are amazing. i truly admire your positive outlook. it's contagious - i love it. and thanks so much for your sweet words today. i guess we all need a little "normalcy" in our lives in order to learn to appreciate the wonderful things that do happen.

JANEAL said...

Thanks for leaving me a comment on my blog. Going through the adoption process is such an emotional roller coaster, but once you are blessed with a precious little baby it makes every minute of it all worth it. Adoption is truly a miracle! Best of luck to you.

kristen said...

I'm glad today was a better day for you! Life can be incredibly frustrating on it's own, then when you add the adoption process and working from home with your own company, I can only imagine what it's like! I hope things only continue to get better for you, and I'm sure things will work out how they are supposed to! Keep up your good work!

Holly said...

Glad you are feeling better! I think it is completely normal to have fears and questions as you wait on the adoption process--I KNOW I did. Working on the paperwork and busyness of adoption kept my mind focused, but then once we had done all that we could...well that's when the waiting and wondering took over. The Lord is working on this for you. Hold strong to Him.

Hugs!!