Monday, April 21, 2008

Turn it off


I found out that this week is "Turnoff Week"... Dan hates it when I find out these random pieces of information. I on the other hand love to learn new things! What it is is a challenge to turn off your TVs and do something else. To spend more time with your families, to get the kids away from the TV set and have them doing something else, to read more, to be outside more (especially since the weather is so nice right now), just to break away from that TV for one week.
I think it is a great idea. I am saying this as it is only Monday morning and I haven't missed any or my shows yet! I am also saying this knowing that I have TiVo... I am cheating a little bit because in the back of my mind I know that I technically will not be missing any of my shows because they will all be recording and I will be able to watch them at a later date. But I still agree with the concept and think the idea is what is important.
We are going to give it a go! So I am stating right now Dan and Aranne are going to be 100% TV free from right now until next Monday. So that means no American Idol for us, we won't know who goes home, no ANTM, no One Tree Hill, etc. It is going to be a hard week. But at the same time, almost like a coincidence, our schedule is so full this week. We have something almost every night so hopefully we won't even notice that we aren't watching TV! Wish us luck that we don't go crazy without it.

4 comments:

The Wilker Family said...

GOOD LUCK!! That wouldn't be easy for us either! Have fun doing lots of other stuff and getting things done!

Kirsten Krason said...

I can not do it! Sorry. But I am so lonely at home with josh gone all week that I would die without t.v but I really admire you for trying it!!! good luck!

Lina said...

Impressive!! It's quite nice not to watch TV sometimes, it's so refreshing to just read a book instead and having it quiet around you. Naaaa, who am I kidding?! TV rocks!! :-)

Mike and Holly said...

Good for you! It would be really hard for me. I miss the sound of the voices and I would really miss the news. Good luck!