Sunday, April 13, 2008

Weekend Recap

Okay so we don't have any pictures but we did do some fun things this weekend.....

Friday night to Saturday morning - I went to my mom's house and was able to get a bunch of scrapbook pages done. I love to feel like I am catching up on this kind of stuff. Dan went on his first campout with the scouts. He only had three "real" scouts and then a few other kids and a couple adults from the ward joined in the fun also. He had a great time. They took a mine tour, did an obstacle course, orienteering course, and first aid station. They also had the kids passing off requirements for advancement which means they got breakfast cooked for them! All in all he had a great time, with the exception of a windy night out in a tent which he is not used to any more.

Saturday - After Dan got back from his scout trip Dan, my brother, my Dad, me, and my nieces; Morgan and McKenna all went out to Logandale for the Clark County Fair and Rodeo. Besides having tons of traffic to get there we had a great time. We were able to have the girls see lots of animals and walk around at the exhibits. We of course had dinner out there (fair food is the best!) And the highlight of the night was the RODEO! We watched the bull riding, the barrel racing, team roping, etc. This was the first rodeo the girls had ever seen and I think they had a good time.

Sunday - I had gotten all of my work done on Saturday morning before heading out to the fair so I had absolutely no work to finish up today. It was wonderful. After going to church this morning, Dan and I came home to wonderful, warm weather and were able to sit outside and just relax. He cooked us up some BBQ and we enjoyed the day together. We had a great weekend and hopefully this means we are in store for a great week to come!

5 comments:

Kirsten Krason said...

Hey I wanted to talk to you yesterday but I had three meetings after church and then had to pick josh up at the airport! But I just wanted to say Hi!! sounds like you had a great weekend. Miss you guys!

The Wilker Family said...

Even with no pictures, it sounds like a good weekend to me! Keep up the good weather for when we come! (if you could keep the temps in like the 80's, that would be great!...jk like that's gonna happen!)

Steve Wilker said...

YO!! This is in reference to your comment on our Baseball Bloggy. Your awesome Triple A team is playing when we come out to visit.......not against Tucson, but still could be fun!!

Steve

Lina said...

Sitting outside and having a BBQ sounds perfect. Can't wait until the weather gets a bit warmer here as well and we can get our BBQ out too! We are looking into coming over, however, there's afew things that needs to be clearer with my work this summer. I don't think it will be until mid September though. I will let you know as soon as I know what is happening this summer with work. XXX

kelly said...

okay... so i'm totally stepping over the line, i'm sure. but i came across a blog that you may or may not be interested in. http://www.therhouse.blogspot.com/
seeing as i don't totally know or understand your situation, she may or may not be helpful, but i find inspiration from reading her blog and thought you might too.