Sunday, April 6, 2008

Real Gambling in Vegas!!!


Let me give you some backround about this whole thing. Skydiving has always been something that I would say "yeah I want to try that" or "that might be kinda fun". So when Marvin and I were talking a few months back about crazy things to do we fell upon skydiving and I expressed my somewhat mild desire. He then told me he had always wanted to do it but never had anyone willing to go with him.




We decided to finally do it. So while the girls were getting their massages the boys were suiting up for real fun. We went out to Boulder City Airport which is about a 10 minute drive from the house. We were walking up to office and seeing some people in their jumpsuits and we both were getting pretty excited. After waiting for about an hour, it was our turn to get in the plane. We got up to about 15,000 feet and then opened the door. Marvin and I were the last 2 on the plane with our instructors. So we watched 5 other pairs fall out that door. Then my turn. There is nothing like the 4 seconds when you are sitting in the doorway looking out at this desert thinking "Here we go!"


After free falling(the background music provided by Aranne) for what seemed like forever, the parachute opens and it is just scenery the rest of the way down.


One Word: AWESOME!!!!!!!


4 comments:

Lina said...

That sounds amazing! Gary's done that too, and I'm pretty sure he's like to go again so maybe next time we're over we could do something like that. I think I'll stick with a massage though. :-)

The Wilker Family said...

Props to you! That's scary! Mom and Dad told me you had gone skydiving and Steve was instantly jealous! Me on the other hand...I'd have to think about it!

Kirsten Krason said...

I want to do it and I don't want to do it. I can never decide. It totally seems like something you would do though. Go dan!

Holly said...

Well, WOW! Scary, but fun I'm sure.

I'd still go for the massage!