Sunday, March 9, 2008

Now I know my ABCs

So at church today I turned in 3 sets of these "ABC" books that I had colored during the week. It was a humanitarian project that we were doing in our ward. It was something that I could actually do (since I can't sew, or cook, or quilt, or any of the other things they usually want us to do) so I volunteered and said I would help out. I took 3 sets home with me to color and by the middle of the first set I was wondering "what was I thinking"?

It really was a fun project and also nice to know that these books are going to go and help kids everywhere learn to speak English. It feels good to help out in a small way and this was a way that I could do my part!

4 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

You just never know what effect these will have on the world.

Nice of you to give your time and talent!

I'm glad you got my message on my blog. Hope your wait is a short one.

The Wilker Family said...

That is so great! That's a project that I could do and I would totally love. I've heard of that one before.

The Wilker Family said...

I've NEVER heard of that before. Sorry, I'm having a hard time typing this morning!

Lindsay Marie said...

Remember when we used to spend hours coloring out of Precious Moments coloring books at your mom's work? Oh, those were some good memories. I am glad to see you still have amazing artistic skills. I am impressed.