Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Package Day!

The day finally arrived where I got my package from my travel swap that I did! It was so exciting... First let me show you what I did. It was really hard for me as this was my first swap and I didn't really know what I was doing but I had fun coming up with the ideas and putting it all together.


This is a calendar that I made with different contries / states on every month that have something to do with that month. For example, May has Mexico on it for Cinco de Mayo. March has Ireland for St. Patrick's Day... You get the idea!


This is a journal that I made. It is chipboard that I covered with this fun travel paper, then I used rub-ons and put the little saying on the front that says "Life Every Moment - Adventure".


This is a photo holder (you can't see the holders in the picture, they are on "wish" and "were") that is made from coasters. It was just something fun that she could use for pictures on her desk.



NOW.... this is the box that I got in return. She did a much better job with the presentation that is for sure. I just stuffed mine in a box and sent in on its way. Mental note for next time that I need to do better in that area for sure. Doesn't it look exciting?


This is the total contents of the box. I got a Mickey bag that had a cute "airplane emergency kit" in it. I got a Jane Austen book for reading while I am traveling. I got tons of cool postage stamps to use in scapbooking or on cards. I got lots of neat European candies to try. She made me a photo/trinket holder. She also made me some postcards.



I loved all of the gifts, but I think that the "homemade" postcards are my favorite. They are real pictures that she took and made into postcards. She has obviously been to these places so on the back she wrote a little hint about each place and then my name and address is already printed on there too. They are fabulous. I really, really like them.

This was a fun swap and I hope that I will be able to do another one and stretch my creative brain a little more. Hope Christine liked what I sent her because I liked what I got!

8 comments:

Kirsten Krason said...

Oh wow now I wish I did that swap. The stuff you made her is way cute. I love love love those postcards. I wish I could make them and put them all over my house. You are so lucky to have those. I'm glad you liked the swap. I'll let you know when another one is going on!

The Wilker Family said...

That is so cute! How fun is that?! Let me know when you hear of another swap, I would love to do one of those!

{B}dreamy said...

Speaking of swaps... I'm going to try using my other email account. So be looking out for punkybarbstar! Sift through your junkmail and make sure me and the other girls aren't waiting in there. *B

Lina said...

That looks awesome, I'd love to do a swap like that. Do you get to keep all these things or are you sending it back?
Yes I am quite the little globe trotter...I really need to go back to Sweden every now and then though to see my family and friends, I'd go crazy if I didn't see them. Good thing is, all the family is coming over for Easter!
And yeah it was great having my sister over and her new man...he's a keeper for sure. :-)
Speak soon!!
L xx

Kirsten Krason said...

Thank you so much for the cute card I got in the mail! I love it. I have all your cards on my fridge. I love love love getting them. Thanks!

{B}dreamy said...

I just emailed you! Just so you know...

Holly said...

The travel swap sure sounds like it was a lot of fun! I love what you sent and what you received. Beautiful!

BTW, I am one of your card swap friends--I hope you get it today.

Happy Valentine's Day!

mod*mom said...

you're sweet valentine!

enter all the giveaways before midninght pst, to win prizes :)