Thursday, February 21, 2008

But it's soooo good



I cheated today and drank a Red Bull. I haven't had one in FOREVER! It is not really by choice but more under doctor's orders. Ever since the beginning of last summer I have had to severely cut back (if not totally eliminate) the amount of caffeine that I consume. And for me that was a big change. I went from at least one Red Bull a day, with a few sodas mixed in, to no Red Bull and probably about 5 sodas total since the day he told me to quit. I would say I am doing really good. I now only drink caffeine free soda, water, juice, milk, etc. and no Red Bull for sure. But some days I just have this overwhelming urge and NEED the caffeine. Today was one of those days. I saw the can sitting in the fridge at my mom's house and I could not resist the temptation. I went for it. I will probably pay for it later tonight or tomorrow with a headache since my body is no longer use to it, but boy did it taste wonderful on the way down.

5 comments:

Kirsten Krason said...

Wow good job on the new layout!! Was it hard? I love it! I have never had a red bull but I'm sure if I did I would be hooked. I dont' drink Caffienne but I totally have the urge on many occasions. Good luck with staying off it!

The Wilker Family said...

I hear ya on the caffiene thing, for sure! I have like 2 caffinated sodas a day. Probably not the best thing for me, but they're so good! I know I'll have to quit someday, but that can wait!

The Wilker Family said...

By the way, I love the new background and layout! Looks great, and you can fit so much info!

Anonymous said...

Good job on the new layout! I really like it! No caffiene....hmmm I'm what's in Sweden is kalled a "latte mom". That's caffe latte drinking mothers - you see them at every coffee shop, reastaurant, café....with BIG lattes in our hands, our kids' first word will be "latte" instead of "mom" ;o)

{B}dreamy said...

Yuck. I'd much rather have coffee or tea! But that's just me, haha. *B