Friday, October 5, 2007

Be Aware

How aware are we?

It is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and today is actually Lee Denim Day. Last year I would have thought nothing of it and knew nothing of it but this year I seem to be much more aware and more interested in the whole idea. I am not sure if it is because my mom had a little bit of a scare with the breast cancer thing last year, or if it is because my grandma is going through lung cancer right now as we speak or if it is just because I am getting older. Either way I realize how many lives this touches and how easy it is to detect and potentially prevent and a lot of times save. It is not a nice topic but one that needs to be discussed. So like I said today is Lee Denim Day and I am proud to say that I did my part in donating for the cause and will stand up and wear my jeans and go the extra mile and wear PINK as well. May we all remember those who have lost their lives and those who are fighting right now....

1 comment:

Kirsten Krason said...

So they are having this race for breast cancer here and I would go but it's on sunday. So they were promoting it on the radio and then they played that melissa ethridge song "I run for hope" or something like that and I was totally crying! Way to go for your awesome post!