Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Yoga... BIKRAM YOGA that is



Last night Dan and I were able to attend a free Yoga class. I have always wanted to try Yoga, Dan probably not so much but he is a good sport. This was not your typical Yoga though. This was what they call Bikram Yoga. This is Yoga done in an extremely HOT room, increasing sweating and detoxification. It was crazy!


This was our first Yoga class at all and then we decided we go not hold back and go with Bikram Yoga... what were we thinking?


No, honestly it was actually really interesting and really neat. We both had a really good time and enjoyed the class. I was really proud of Dan. He did a good job for being the sports guy that he is and not really the Yoga type. He hung in and did the entire class. I did okay with most of the poses but the heat did get to me a bit and made me a little dizzy here and there.


We are definitely going to try and check out a regular Yoga class when we find one around town and see what we think about that, then we will make our final decision. Yoga. Or Bikram Yoga. We will see what we decide.

2 comments:

JANEAL said...

I don't think I'd like that because I hate to sweat!

The Wilker Family said...

I've heard of that kind of yoga! I heard that it's super intense with the heat and not easy at all, so way to go guys! That's really cool to try something new!