Tuesday, October 21, 2008

SPT 100 Things: #21

#21: My favorite calling was as Assistant Girls Camp Director





I know I have plenty more time to have lots more callings but up until now this was by far my most exciting and fulfilling calling. I loved being a part of Girls Camp and working with the girls. I had been in Young Women's as the Mia Maid Advisor but working on camp was so much more exciting. Not only was the director my best friend (Yeah!) but I had never been to camp myself so that was fun too. We were able to plan what we wanted, eat what we wanted, and do the activities that we wanted. It was awesome. We also had a chance to really get to know the girls on a different level. It is great to take them out of their normal enviornment and see them interact with you and each other. They all were really great girls and I loved the whole experience.




I don't know what my future holds as far as callings go, but it is going to take a pretty amazing calling to top this one!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

it sounds like you were perfectly suited for girls camp! i hope you have many more wonderful and fulfilling callings.

Rebecca and Co. said...

I agree that Girls Camp is a ton of fun! It sounds like that calling was a great fit for you. I hope that you have the opportunity to go to Camp again. :)

Sarah said...

Whenever I hear someone getting called to Girls Camp Director, I think things like, "Thank goodness that wasn't me, and that is terrible." I'm really glad you enjoyed it. We certainly need people who do.

Rachael said...

I loved going to camp as a leader...not so much as a youth! I would like to go again when I don't have small kids!

amy gretchen said...

I agree, though it is a lot of work to put together, being with the girls is so rewarding. I miss my yw calling.

Dacia said...

That's so great that you loved that calling. I fear that I would not have the same feelings if I had to do that. I like my civilization too much!

The Monkeys said...

Although I am not a huge camper, I think I am with you and might really enjoy it. Only been in young womens once for a very brief period though.

jojomynx said...

I have loved serving in YW too - but planning camp would drive me crazy!!! I truly appreciate the ladies who are able to put those types of things together. It's a talent I appreciate.

Jeanette said...

I love working with the YW. Camp is the best!

Kirsten Krason said...

Wow that sounds like it be stressful but way fun!

Natalie said...

I was trying to figure out who the guy was that went...oh, it's my husband. He had a good time that year too.