Tuesday, October 14, 2008

SPT 100 Things #14

#14 - I Love the Rain



I do love the rain. I love the smell that it has. I love the coolness that it brings to the air. I love what it does for our Earth. I love to sit inside and watch it fall. I love to stay at home all day and watch movies, cuddled up in a blanket on days that it rains. I love to build fires when it rains. I don't like to drive in the rain very much. I don't use umbrellas, they are just too much extra work. I just walk fast!
It is a shame that I live in the desert because it doesn't rain that often here. But maybe that is a good thing after all. Because maybe if it rained all of the time I wouldn't appreciate it and wouldn't love it so much!

10 comments:

Dacia said...

I love the rain only when I'm in the mood to stay indoors and curl up on the couch, other than that, I prefer lots of sun! Maybe it's because I'm originally from San Diego and spent 5 years in Washington being depressed because I missed the San Diego sun! Who knows.

Unknown said...

i have always hated carrying umbrellas!! it just seems like too much work :)

Missy said...

I, too, LOVE the smell of rain. It's so refreshing!

Sarah said...

I also live in the desert and miss the rain, but really love having sunny skies almost every day of the year. I do get my fill of rain when we visit my husbands family in Washington. The smell really can't be beat.

Holly said...

I bet you really appreciate it out there in desert country and all. I think the best is sleeping and reading on a rainy day. The whole day.

I don't like to drive in the rain either--I worry about the other drivers too much.

Lene said...

I love the smell of the desert after a good rain.
Yeah the umbrella thing - even if I have one with me I forget to use it.

Rachael said...

I love the rain too! The smell of it, the sound of it...everything about it! Its no fun living in the desert and never getting it!

The Wilker Family said...

I agree with loving rain! I think it comes with living with such a lack of it. But those rainy, cloudy days really are the best, unless you have to be outside in it. By the way, I love the new background, super cute!

Jeanette said...

I love the rain too. I love the sound and smell. So refreshing.

mommy nurse said...

I love the rain. I work nights and sleeping during a rainy day is my favorite. I use to swing on my parents porch during lightening/thunder rainstorms, they were the best!