Wednesday, September 10, 2008

SPT - Because of Bloggers Week 2

(me with one of my books from the Travel Swap)


This weeks challenge from Lelly for the SPT has to do with Entertainment and Parties.... well I don't really do a whole lot of either. But I have certainly learned a lot about both since becoming a "blogger". Some of these ladies out there have such talent!

What I have been able to do is participate in some swaps and "be entertained" and that totally counts to me! I have been able to participate in the "Travel Swap" hosted by Kelly over at According to Kelly, and have also done some book swaps. I also joined the book club hosted by Holly at Marathon Bird which was fun and a great way to meet some fellow bloggers.

In the world of parties though, one lady who I think is fabulous and has some really great ideas that I might steal if I every get around to really wanting to throw a big, all out party, is Marleen at Merry Marleen. Take a look and see what I am talking about. I wish I was invited to one of her parties. Any of them really!

6 comments:

The Wilker Family said...

Just wanted to say that I like the new template! Always nice to make a change every once in a while.

Jeanette said...

I love the swap party ideas. I really must start having them. Too fun!

Sarah said...

Swap parties sound like fun. Thanks for the new links.

Unknown said...

i think swaps are a great way to experience *virtual* entertaining. my sisters had i had a book swap some years ago. i'll have to revitalize that.

Holly said...

Ooooh...swaps are soooo much fun. It's always so neat to find new ideas & things to swap.

Thanks for the book love shout-out. I need to breathe some life into The BBBC. :)

Rebecca and Co. said...

Aranne, I just wanted to say that I checked out your adoption blog too but I didn't want to mess it up by posting a comment becase it looked like it might be for potential birth mothers. I hope that you and Dan get "the call" soon! I love my kids with all my heart and truly believe that we were meant to be a family. If you ever need someone to talk to who's been through it, feel free to call me. My husband and I are big fans of adoption (obviously) and we wish your family well on your journey!

Rebecca Jones

P.S. I found your blog through Carmen (Carmen and I were college roommates. Small world!)