Tuesday, September 2, 2008

September SPT - Week 1

These challenges that Lelly gives us are really fun. This month she has challenged us to explore all of the ways that our lives have been touched and inspired by other bloggers. This week it is through home decor/table elements.... This is right up my alley. I love to look around the blogosphere and find inspiration. I am not always as crafty as I would like to be in my home decor and am always looking for great ideas and there are TONS out there.



I have found lots of fun ideas over at TIP JUNKIE, and over here at 6th Street Design School and also here at The Nesting Place. Thanks ladies for all your great ideas and help. Keep them coming. Maybe one day I will have the strength to actually put these things into action in my house. For now this is as far as I have gotten.


I tried out the vinyl letter and love it actually. I just don't have enough empty wall space, but can't wait to put some up in the future nursery!

This big bold red wall was a stretch for me. I have learned to love it. My husband really likes it. I think it accents the fireplace night, now if I could only get rid of those candle holders!

6 comments:

The Monkeys said...

I love a bold red wall. Good for you for trying it out.

Unknown said...

the vinyl letters look great! a red accent wall is something i would love to do. but i always get nervous to paint!

Lene said...

We had a red wall in our last house and I have been missing it lately. I have a wall that needs a little jolt of something - maybe red or maybe something new.

MaryRC said...

the lettering is so addictive, right! i like your wall!!

Sarah said...

The wall looks great! I don't know what we all did before vinyl lettering. It is so much easier than stenciling.

Holly said...

Your vinyl letter look wonderful! I've seen them on several blogs and they add a nice touch of whimsy. Maybe I'll get brave enough someday.

Love the red wall! (Since our kitchen and morning room are red, I'm a fan-heehee.)