Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering...

So I don't want to be depressing today and don't want to talk all about 7 years ago and that horrible day, but I can't let 9/11/08 go by and not take a moment to reflect and remember. You just can't help it.

I think all of us can remember exactly where we were when we saw, or heard, that the towers had fallen. SHOCK! I remember watching and just not knowing what it really meant and what was to come. Who would have thought that 7 years later our world would be the way it is... still.

I have to be completely honest and say that I don't really think I was very patriotic before Sept. 11th. I wasn't anti-American by any means, but I didn't really think about it one way or another. Well, that has changed for sure. I love my country and I am proud to be an American. I am also proud of something else. I am proud of my dad. He is a Vietnam Veteran and I am proud of that. I am proud of him and the service he gave for this, his, country. I never really thought of it before and didn't really care much about it. I knew he was in the Army and that he went to Vietnam but that was it. Now sometimes we go places and they ask for all of the Veterans to stand and my dad does.... wow, the pride I have when he stands is amazing. I love my dad and appreciate what he did. I appreciate all of the people who have served, are serving, and will serve for us and our country. Thank you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree wholeheartedly Arann. FYI: They had a musical tribute/remembrance here in the morning on the radio station; the radio station personalities were so choked up at the end they had a hard time speaking again. You could here it in their voices, and it brought a tear to my eye, just like your sweet words did.