Wednesday, November 14, 2007

What do you say?

There is not much that you can say to a friend who losses their mom. My friend just lost her mom on Saturday, and to top it off she passed away on my friend's birthday. (I know.. how horrible is that) I went to the funeral today and had no words to comfort her. Really what do you say? There are no words that can bring comfort in a time like this. The only thing you can do is be there as a shoulder to cry on and an ear to listen but nothing can take away the pain and nothing can bring her mother back to her or take away the fact that from now on her birthday will forever be associated with the death of her mother.

I love her so much and just wish there was something more I could do. She is strong though and I know she will come out on top and will make it through this. I pray for her each night that she will be comforted and find the strength for one more day and then another, and each day will hopefully be better than the next.

1 comment:

Kirsten Krason said...

Oh wow that is sad. When I was twelve my friends mom died of diabetes. Her dad had left her early in life so she was an orphan. I think just being a shoulder to cry on is the best you can do. Knowing that someone is there for you is so important. It also gives you a chance to count your blessings. Give your mom a hug!