Monday, August 4, 2008

A boy and his toys....

I leave for a week and I come home to Dan having bought a new truck!!! It is a new work truck and he REALLY needed it so I was not mad (actually I was really glad I did not have to be there when he did it. I hate going to car lots and dealing with all of that drama!)

He is very excited about his new purchase. He is now the PROUD owner of an F-250 4x4 and can hardly wait to start using it. He has to wait for the shell to come in. He has it ordered and it should be here next week. He can't use it for work until that comes in.



He tried to sell me on the truck by telling me about the 6-disc CD changer and the leather seats with seat warmers... nice try but since I don't EVER ride in his work truck it wasn't a big selling point for me! I know that he needs this truck and that his old one doesn't even run past 20 MPH (on a good day) so it is a necessity! I also know that this one has air conditioning which in the Vegas heat is a necessity too. This will be great for him and I am glad he finally found one he likes and can't wait for him to be able to start using it!!!

6 comments:

Linda said...

My turn to comment on your latest posts and to respond to your questions about my military man. First off...Wow a whole stamp convention??? I'm so not crafty. I think the prizes alone are worth going for. ha ha---Congrats to Dan on the truck! It's a biggie and a beauty. As for my husband, he's in the Air Force. He was active for 5 years and now he's in the Reserves--altogether about 12 years. Oh and one more thing--we didn't plan our babies together it just sorta happened! It is a lot of fun.

JANEAL said...

Looks like a nice ride!

The Wilker Family said...

Congrats Dan on the new truck! It looks awesome! Steve keeps trying to tell me how we "need" a truck, but since neither of our jobs require a truck, I think it will have to wait!

Lina said...

Nice set of wheels!! Can never leave boys alone, they always end up with "new" toys.. :-)

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

LOVE the new truck! It is my dream to own a "man" truck one day. I just love them!! Of course, can't afford one with the gas right now, but hey I can dream right?! Good pick Dan!

It looks like you had a blast at your Stampin convention! It must have been nice to get away and hang out with your mom for awhile:)

Mike and Holly said...

Love the truck! You look so proud, too, Dan. We are very happy for you!