Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Your Going To Hollywood



Okay so the words that every one of the contestants wants to hear are "You are going to Hollywood" but lets face it not every one deserves to hear them. BUT.... it is so sad to watch the auditions. Every year it breaks my heart to watch some of these kids get up there in front of Randy, Paula and Simon and pour their hearts out and then to be laughed at and sent away in tears. The ones who really try and aren't just trying out to get on TV or doing it as a joke but the ones who really think they are going to be the Next American Idol. Those are the ones who break my heart as I watch the show. And I hate it when Randy and Paula start laughing and turning around in their chairs, and then they pan over to Simon and he is just sitting there with a pen in his mouth straight-faced... how does he do that? How can he keep a straight face when the two of them are laughing and the kid in front of him is singing horribly? That really does amaze me. Okay I will admit that I am sitting at home laughing right along with Paula and Randy, but that is just it... I am at home, not right in front of the kid making them feel worse. Oh well... we have one more night of this and then we get into "Hollywood Week" which I can handle. I just can't handle the disappointment on the kids faces when they are sent home and their dreams are shattered. I just feel so bad for them. I am just a softy I guess.

2 comments:

The Wilker Family said...

We didn't watch even though I kind of wanted to. Steve REFUSES to watch until it gets to the real show. He can't stand to watch all the negative comments and crying people. I have to agree it is a little rough to watch at times! Fun times!

Kirsten Krason said...

I am so excited you are signing up for the swap! If you have trouble with it let me know. You'll love it though! I felt so bad for that kid yesterday who they were laughing at. Sadly there are just some things you can't help laughing at. For example....Josh trying out. I would be dying.