Sunday, January 6, 2008

My very own Knight

L Flaming O V Ak E

So yesterday Dan definitely proved his L-O-V-E for me (not that he really had to). So I had finished my book "Twilight" and was ready to start on the sequel "New Moon". We had been out running errands all day in the freezing wind and cold. Our last stop was the grocery store where we figured we would find the book. To our bad luck it was not there. "Eclipse" was there, the third book, but no "New Moon". We came home with the groceries and Dan SO WILLINGLY said that he would run to Wal-Mart and pick up the book. Well... about 30 minutes later I get a call and he proceeds to tell me that Henderson must not carry the book. He had been to Wal-Mart, Rite-Aid, and Albertsons with no luck at all. I told him to forget it and that we would either go out again later that night and try the church bookstore (because I know they have it) or I would look somewhere else on Monday. He said it was okay and that he would go to Barnes and Noble and get it for me. About 30 more minutes later my knight in shinning armor returned home with not only "New Moon" but also "Eclipse" stating that he did not want to see me without the third book when I finished the second one, so he picked them both up! Now we all know it is just because he didn't want to have to go out and look for a book for me EVER again, but it was the thought that counts and a very nice thought it was. What a sweet, sweet husband I have!

2 comments:

The Wilker Family said...

That's such a great story! So, I'm assuming that you liked "Twilight." I finished the series of books I was reading and am in need of a new book. Maybe I'll give it a try! Have fun reading!

Kirsten Krason said...

Oh Dan. I am not surprised. He is so sweet and loves you so much. HOW ROMANTIC!!!! We are both lucky to have such great husbands. But lets face it...we are great wives!