Saturday, January 5, 2008

I Confess!


So last night I finished reading "Twilight" and it was too late to go to the bookstore so I looked around the house for a different book to start reading. I found another book that my mother-in-law had given me for Christmas. "Confessions of an Unbalanced Woman" and re-thought was the really thinks of me (but quickly remembered that she give it to all three daughter-in-laws and her own daughter) but decided to start reading it anyway. I sat down and started reading and so enough had finished the book. Once again I am glad to have such a wonderful mother-in-law with such great insight.

So, what is this book about and why am I glad that I am unbalanced? Well....I learned that I am okay and that even though I am not perfect (and I am sure there are many people agreeing to this) and that things don't always go as I have planned them out in my mind - that is all okay. This is a BIG deal for me because I sometimes freak out about the little stuff. I learned that there are three points that I need to be concentrating on; Searching diligently, Praying always, and Being believing.... I will search for evidence of God's love in my life; It is everywhere. I must pray always. I don't have to set aside the "quiet time" to pray, I just need to have a prayer in my heart and pray to be able to see God's love for me in my life. And last I must be believing. I must believe that God does love me and shows His love for me in my life. I must believe that even though I am not perfect He still loves me.

So I will also be working on this throughout the year. To stay unbalanced and work with it. This is a great book and I thank Holly for giving it to me and giving me that chance to read it and grow within myself.

No comments: