Sunday, January 13, 2008

I thought Chicago was the Windy City



I really thought that Chicago was the Windy City but I am really starting to wonder now. It is SO windy here and I am really not a fan of the wind. It does do a few good things for us, don't get me wrong. It keeps the smog out of our valley which is nice. When we don't have wind for a few days consecutively (which is very rare) you can see this brown hue hovering over downtown which is disgusting. We also have very few mosquitoes which is nice since they always seem to bite just me. My list of positives ends right about there.

In the summer you would think that a nice breeze would be nice when the weather is 110-115 but NO... all it does is feel like someone turned on a blow dryer and has it blowing right in your face. And in the winter when it is like 40 outside and the wind is blowing it then makes it feel like it is 10 degrees and the wind is piercing your face and hurts so bad. Either way you look at it, it is not very pleasant.

And then you have the concept that always crosses my mind when I am inside my house and I hear the wind just blowing and blowing. I picture myself as one of the three little pigs (which that in itself is not a pleasant picture) and the BIG BAD WOLF is outside huffing and puffing and blowing so hard and sometimes I think he really is going to blow my house down because the wind is blowing so hard.

Vegas/Henderson is great and I like living here but I wish that there was a way to make the wind stop sometimes. It has been blowing all night and all day and this has just been getting to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey kid, there are always good and bad about all places, and situations, you deal. It's been really windy here, too, lately. It sounds like there are people up on the roof trying to get in. Yikes.