Saturday, December 1, 2007

What a day?!

The day started out fine but soon took a turn for the worst. Had I had known I made had done things a little differently.

Dan worked out in the backyard first thing this morning and trimmed up all our bushes getting them ready for winter. I on the other hand stayed inside where it was warm and watched a Christmas movie.


I then ventured out to help him when we went to the front of the house to start putting up the lights on the outside of the house. We did a pretty good job. Still have a few more to get up but the hardest part (the roof) is done.... Good job Dan!


We went inside to change and get a little more prepared for the day. I put on my (RED) shirt (Dan wore Red too) in honor of World Aids Day. I was proud to wear the shirt and know that I had done my part to help at least a little.


This is where the day went south and fast. I got a call from Laura at about 2pm and she said that my grandma had passed away at 12:03pm. She was surrounded by her children and at home in bed which is what she wanted but it is still hard to believe she is gone. I don't think it will actually sink completely in until we go back to California and there is no "grandma's house" to go to. She made it to Thanksgiving which was what she wanted and got us all together for one last "party" and then she was able to just let go and that is what she did. We will all miss her but I especially just miss being able to have a grandma and she gave me that opportunity when no one else could.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy that you got your hose decorated for Christmas.

Thank you Aranne - you meant a lot to Mom (Grandma) too! Love you.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about you Gran!
My thoughts are with you...
love Fia