Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Post-Op Pictures

Don't look any farther if you are not good with the blood and guts.... but they are really not that bad at all......





I got my stitches out today.. and I started physical therapy the same day. Not too bad if you ask me. It was not pleasant by any means but something I knew I had to do if I wanted to continue my progress.


The surgery went well and the recovery has been going great (thank goodness!) It has not even been a full week and I am already in physical therapy, I don't use the crutches (I only used them for about 2-3 days really) and I think I am doing okay. My knee is still sore but not too bad. I have to leave these steri-strips on until Friday but then I am pretty much clear and just have to see what the physical therapy does and go back to the doctor on the 13th of January.

So far so good. I will work hard in physical therapy and who knows... there might be hope for a snowboard trip these season after all!!!

2 comments:

jojomynx said...

I am impressed. Laproscopic surgery is amazing, and you are blessed because of it. I am so happy things are going well. Keep up the hard work! You can do it!

Lindsay Marie said...

I love surgery pictures!! I can relate, I had knee surgery a couple of years ago to repair a continual kneecap dislocation and the recovery was...long. They ripped my knee apart and put it back together. Totally awesome. Happy resting/recovery! Hope you feel better soon!