Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas 2008

We definitely had a Christmas to remember. After having surgery the day before Christmas morning came upon us very early and with not very much excitement. This was the first time we had ever done Christmas presents in bed that is for sure. Not quite the same!



We did get some pretty fun presents though which helped numb the pain in my knee... at least for a while!

(Thanks for the ice cream maker Mike and Maile... we can't wait to make our first batch)

(I LOVE my new "U" and can't wait to add it to my wall)
After a lot of slow movements (and some pain meds) I made it out to the car and we were on our way to my mom and dad's house were we spent the rest of the day with my brother, sister-in-law, two nieces and some family friends. Overall it was a good Christmas. I hear the food was great although I didn't really have much of it.
This was a Christmas that I will always remember and hopefully one I don't have to repeat. It was one that helped me be thankful for my health and my family though.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you, didn't know you had your surgery. Hope everything went ok and that everything heals fine. Looks like a cozy Christmas morning in bed! Lots of love, Hanna

Rebecca and Co. said...

When I didn't see you at church I thought, I hope she's doing well after her surgery! How are you feeling? You look adorable even opening gifts in bed.

Amy said...

Despite the fact you had surgery, you look quite comfy in bed. I think that's how I'm going to open my presents next year!

You got an ice cream maker! Fun! I always wanted one, but I'm afraid my ice cream would turn out soupy. Let me know how yours turns out!

Linda said...

Awww Aranne...you poor thing. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy Christmas despite the surgery. GEt well soon.