Tuesday, July 22, 2008

SPT - Grass

This weeks SPT challenge was grass and I had the chance to lay out in the grass* this afternoon and enjoy the sun. It has been a while since I had this done and I wanted to, so I did... but things changed rather quickly.

While I was outside I realized what a beautiful day it was and decided to call Dan and see what he was doing. He also realized it was a beautiful day and we both agreed it was a day we could not pass up going to the lake. (that happens when you live so close and own jet skis).... so an hour later we were at the lake enjoying the water and the sun.... a nice way to relax.... We were also able to take the kid that works with Dan and let him ditch work with us ( I am sure it was hard for Dan to talk him into it) These days don't happen too often but when they do they are sure nice!

** Our grass is fake. We have had it for about 4-5 years now and LOVE it. No watering required. No cutting required. Just beautiful green grass all year round, and in the desert that is hard to come by!

10 comments:

The Wilker Family said...

That sounds like a great day for sure! Good thing you were trying to enjoy the grass!

Unknown said...

oh, ditching work to do something fun sounds like a great way to spend a day!!

and maintenance free grass sounds heavenly.

Bren's Life said...

Oh that sounds so fun! I wish we had a few jet ski, but with 4 kids it'd be hard...
I have thought of renting them for the day & go have fun..
Boy I'm telling you my feet still hurt this morning from burning them on the fake grass at the pool...

Holly said...

Good call on calling off work and having fun on the lake.

That's funny about your grass--but it's perfect for your climate.

MaryRC said...

How nice! I totally understand!

Rachael said...

I am jealous that you have jet ski's that you can go to the lake with! Love the grass!

Lene said...

Sounds like a perfect day. Who wants to be hanging out on grass when you could be playing on the lake.

Alisa said...

ahh sounds wonderful -so fun- don't you just love summer!
How does the grass feel?
(I think I asked that of someone else too!)

Anonymous said...

How great to go off to a lake. I am still trying to wrap my head around fake grass. Looks good. No mowing and no watering. I am wondering if my HOA will accept that?

The Monkeys said...

ditching work to go to the lake- crazy! How fun for you guys! I'm sure it took a lot of convincing to get the other guy to come along!