Thursday, July 3, 2008

First SPT Challenge

So... I came across a blog with a fun idea.... SPT (she photographs on Tuesday) and even though I am a little late I decided I wanted to play along anyways. So here are the rules....



It's definitely that time of year when blogging becomes sort of secondary to all of the other stuff that goes on. It may be extra challenging to fit in SPT posts this summer, so let's go easy for the month of July. Our routines can seem out-of-whack in the summer and it's more important than ever that we funnel our energy into the hearts of our families. Not so easy to do when there are more snacks to prepare, more laundry to do, more trips to the store/movies/museums/gas station... we must strike a balance between pool time, library time, travel time and quiet time!! To help channel our personal chi, let's take time this month to focus on the 5 Elements Of Summer: SUN, WATER, SHADE, GRASS, and ICE CREAM!!


these can be as easy or as challenging as you want them to be...just get out there and take some pictures!!


July 1 sun
July 8 water
July 15 shade
July 22 grass
July 29 ice cream




So to follow along here is my photo for the first week - SUN..... We definitely get plenty of this in Las Vegas and I have seen my fair share of it lately as well.

Here we are. It is Dan and Marvin at the lake applying SUNSCREEN in the SUN to avoid too much SUN exposure. I think that pretty much counts as a SUN picture. This shot is funny because we didn't really want to help either of them so they decided they would help each other with the process and then we grabbed a camera to capture the moment, of course!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

great shot! i love that spt gets us to take photos of things we might not normally think twice about!

welcome to spt!! i hope you'll be back every week.

Kirsten Krason said...

Oh that looks fun. I wish I had time to do it. I also wish we could go on the Jet Skis with you at Lake mead and get lots of SUN!
p.s. LOVED the card we got in the mail yesterday. Thanks so much!