Sunday, June 15, 2008

Soon-To-Be Father's Day Post

I think that more than I want to be a mom... I want Dan to have the chance to be a DAD! He is going to be the best DAD ever. He is such a great person, friend, husband and I know he will make a great DAD. He has such great traits that I hope he is able to pass on to our children. He is patient and kind. He is giving. He is funny and lighthearted and easy-going. He is understanding and easy to get along with. He makes friends with people quickly.

I can't wait to watch him interact with our children and be the DAD that he wants to be. I can't wait to see him playing catch, going on camp-outs, building forts, teaching them how to work on cars, showing them how to fix fire extinguishers... and he has already told me this will all happen weather it is a boy or girl! But right now we have all nieces and it is sweet to watch him with them too. He does play dolls with them and blocks and reads to them. So that side is there in Dan he just needs a "princess" to help bring it out. Either way I know Dan will be a great DAD and I hope that he will have that chance very soon. I hope this is the last Father's Day he will have to spend without a little one looking up at him in pure adoration!

By the way... Happy Father's Day to my Dad for being a great example to me and for always being there for me, and to Dan's Dad for helping him be the great guy that he is today.... We love you both!

3 comments:

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

Hey, I'm so glad you found us! I saw that you have the "biggie blog" in your bar on the right side - That is actually Craig's cousin! Maybe that's how you found us! We're on her list! You guys look great! This will be a great way to keep in touch with you guys. Hope all is well with your family :)

Anonymous said...

After seeing Dan with all the little girls in Vegas in May I'm 120% sure that he will be such a wonderful Dad! Hopefully by this time next year you'll have a little one that he (and you of course!) can spoil with all his love!

Kirsten Krason said...

Dan will be a great dad and you will be a great mom. I can't wait till our kids can hang out one day and we get to ride on your jet skis!