Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Has it been a year already?

Well I opened my email yesterday and got two sort of unpleasant messages. The first one was a note from our caseworker Brad stating that because we had done all of our paperwork on real paper we were in a group that we going to have to re-do/update our file and change over our paperwork into an online format... oh and it needs to be done by JUNE 9th... WHAT?! Like I have nothing better to do. And like that whole process didn't take us months to do before. The only good news is that we don't have to fill out the 44 long answer questions but the rest of it still takes a while, so that made me a little upset. But I was dealing with it....

Then the next email came..... We got an email that just said "Annual Update". I opened it. It was from LDS Family Services in Salt Lake and it said that because we were approaching our year mark that we needed to update certain things in our file. WHAT? Our year mark... they must be mistaken. It hasn't been a year since we were approved. It can't be?! The letter that we got from Salt Lake stating that we are "fit to be parents" is dated October 2007... I was prepared to have this email come in October, but not in May.... It was a shocker that is for sure. I had always told myself that it takes 9 months to have a baby naturally so not to stress or worry for at least then first 9 months... I also told myself that Brad has told us a "normal" turn around in our agency is anywhere from 1-1.5 or even 2 years.... so I was going to be okay with waiting about that long. I would be a little impatient but okay with it. After that is when I would start wondering what was wrong with us and why no one was choosing us and what we were doing wrong. I was not ready to already be at that year mark though. May to October is a big difference.

I do have to sit back and think about where we really are in the process though. We really haven't only been waiting a year, or 9 months, or even 2-3 years... it has been much longer than that... so I am not sure why this upsets me so much. We started the paperwork in approximately January of 2007 and then told our families in July, and got the approval in October... It really doesn't seem like we have been waiting that long. We have been able to keep ourselves busy and active with the group and with members of FSA and we are grateful for that. We need to remember what we are here for and remember the blessings we will receive and the final outcome of this process. We will be an eternal family and there is nothing that we want more. No matter how long this process takes it will be worth it.

So this week we have a lot of "paperwork" to finish up online and fingerprints to re-do, Bishop recommends to get again, and all of that fun stuff. We have to do all of the updates by the end of the month but I want to just get it over with and hope this is the last Annual Update that we have to do.

5 comments:

JANEAL said...

That's a little strange they don't have you update a year from when you are approved. Time goes by so fast doesn't it? Hopefully you won't have to update again until you're ready for baby #2! Sorry you have to re-do all your paper work....the online stuff goes pretty quick.

Mike and Holly said...

It can't be a year! Well, you know our prayers are with you ever single day without fail.

Kirsten Krason said...

Wow. That just means you are closer to getting a baby. Everyday you get closer not farther away. Don't forget that!

Aranne and Dan said...

Kirsten... That is the best thing anyone could have said. Thanks for putting it that way! The glass is half full right!?

Lina said...

Glass is always half full Aranne, don't forget that. When you least expect it...XXXX