Wednesday, September 26, 2007

My grandma's birthday

Today is my Grandma's birthday. I am glad that she is here and able to celebrate another birthday with us. She has lung cancer and never smoked a day in her life. It is a hard thing to comprehend and even harder to watch her go through. Luckily so far she has been dealing with it very well and not had to many problems. She did the chemo thing and that was not fun but now she just has to use oxygen and pretty much just does her own thing. The worst part is that she is now on Hospice. I know that it doesn't mean she is dying but it also doesn't mean that she is getting better either. She is still able to live alone and does a lot for herself but we all know that it is only a matter of time, we just don't know how much time. I wish her the best and think of her always. We hope and pray that she is here with us to celebrate and holidays that are coming up and be with us during those fun times. I love her so much and she has taught me so much. There really are so many things that I remember from my childhood that she is a part of. I have tried to make it a point to let her know how important she is to me, but I don't think she will ever truely know, I don't think anyone ever really knows how much of an impact they sometimes can make on a person's life.

No comments: