Monday, September 24, 2007

Far Away Friends

How come all of our close friends live far away? It doesn't quite seem fair to me.

This is Maria who I have known since about 1996 when I started working with her in Downey, CA at my frist job at a doctor's office. We have been through it all together. She has watched me grow up basically and helped me out tons.

This is Lina who is from Sweden and her boyfriend Gary who now live in London, England. She and I met in 1993 when her sister was living with us as a foreign exchange student. We have been best friends ever since. We have only spent one full year together and a couple summers but time and distance doesn't seem to keep us from knowing everything about each other and still loving one another.

These are our friends Josh and Kirsten. We have lived in Las Vegas now for over 5 years. We like it here but have found it hard to really find people that we enjoy hanging out with and that we have things in common with. Then we stumble upon these two crazy kids and only have a chance to hang out with them for a short time before they leave us and move on to Chandler, AZ.
I don't know what it is... Maybe distance really does make the heart grow fonder but we miss everyone so much and wish they were all closer to us. But through it all we love them and are glad they are in our lives and are happy for the times that we are able to spend with them.


1 comment:

Kirsten Krason said...

of course you saved the best for last! Come back to us! We miss you. Will you be back at Christmas? Next time bring jet skis!