Monday, October 5, 2009

A little bit of London..and MORE

My first agenda in London was to go and see BIG BEN... of course! Everyone knows I am a huge Steelers fan and their quarterback is "Big Ben" so I had to see the real thing...

We also took a trip to Harrods and did a little shopping. That place is crazy. Five stories high and a complete city block. There are restaurants, a grocery store, any kind of clothes you could need, you can buy ANYTHING you can think of, at any price.

Dan and I also took a day and ventured out of the city a little bit to do a little more sightseeing. We jumped on a big red bus and went out to see Stonehenge, the ancient city of Bath, and also Salisbury. All three were beautiful and amazing.


Stonehenge - obviously



At the Roman Baths... thought to be healing but realized that the pool was lined with lead and was killing them! Oops!



The Salisbury Cathedral.... Simply breathtaking!



We had a great time in London. I had lots of "firsts" actually. First time on an Underground..or subway. First time on a tour group. First time seeing all of these sights of course. First time in a castle.

We left London and were headed for Paris...via Train (another first) and there were more firsts waiting for me there!!!

3 comments:

Rebecca and Co. said...

Wow...WOW!!! Simply breathtaking. What a wonderful part of your trip. I look forward to reading more!

The Wilker Family said...

Wow! So awesome that you guys got to see all of those things! So beautiful!

Natalie said...

Keep the pics coming. I love seeing other countries.