Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Less than 24 hours in Paris



So with less than 24 hours in Paris... what were we going to do? Well... as soon as the train stopped we pretty much hit the ground running, that is what we did!

We had made a list of things that we wanted to try to see and knew we would only be able to see a few of them. Overall I think we did a pretty good job, considering the traffic (never complain about traffic unless you have been to Paris and seen what they deal with - CRAZY!), and the fact that we don't speak a lick of French and had no idea where we were going and started our 24 hours at 2pm!

We were able to spend some time in the Louvre Museum which was amazing but really should have been a few days itself! We walked about near the river Siene and saw the street vendors and enjoyed the beautiful weather we lucked out on that day. We headed to Notre Dame Cathedral and were greeted with some singers outside. We saw the Moulin Rouge, and when I say saw I only mean the outside! We walked through the park just on the outskirts of the Eiffel Tower and then had crepes and were able to be there just in time for them to turn on the lights and see it in all its glory. Really a sight to see in person.

It was a great day! Busy, but one we for sure won't forget and one that was worth the business of the train trip and the extra stop on our way to Germany.

6 comments:

Kirsten Krason said...

This reminds me of our daytrips that we take. We always try and cram as much as we can into one day. Who knows we might do a daytrip to Paris one day. I'll get your advice on all the things to do.

jojomynx said...

Sounds busy and exciting! Looks like you had a great time, can't wait to see more :)

Lina said...

Yeah, Parisians are absolutely crazy with their driving. Feels like you're going to get run over everytime you cross the street!!! It's an amazing city!

Ashley said...

Wow, you did see alot really quickly! How fun.

Kelly said...

I am so jealous! I want to go to Europe so so so bad!

Ok so I put your adoption button on my blog cause I totally love adoption people! I was at the adoption conference and I wonder if I saw you :) It was great right?!

Thirdly, Do you sell stampin up? I need catalogs!! yes I do. I am addicted!

Kelly
givingwhatiam.blogspot.com

Mike and Holly said...

We love these shots!!!! Dan, you have the stuff of a famous statue for sure. We can't wait to see all the pictures!