Sunday, March 1, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up: Adoption Conference

What a weekend.... Friday was spent doing a little of this and a little of that and actually a whole lot of scrapbooking which I haven't been able to do in a while. I think I tried to forget that on Saturday I was hosting and presenting at the conference so I immersed myself in my scrapbooking and pictures. It was fun and totally worth it. A friend was in town and I had to take advantage of the situation. I did also spend some time in the morning getting ready for Saturday and the conference.

That leads us to Saturday. Wow.... for months (really months and months) we as a committee have been planning and preparing for this adoption conference and the day had finally arrived. Since the start of this planning though one thing had changed. Dan and I are now the Co-chairs and things sort of fall on us when things go right, and when they go wrong! Thankfully we all had done so much planning that things went right this time.

This picture was from before the conference actually started and we weren't sure how it was going to end up and I didn't have to give my presentation yet. Oh, yeah... not only did we have to run the conference but I also had to teach a class. Dan was great. He took over the making sure things were running smooth part and I could just concentrate on my presentation and then we both handled the dinner part together. What a team we make!

Our friend Candise who helped out so much with the conference but moved the very next day. She left us all alone and now we really have to fend for ourselves!!!!

We had a great turn out and I hope that everyone had a great time (they said they did!) Hope this is a sign of the great events that are in our future as co-chairs.....

3 comments:

The Wilker Family said...

I'm glad things went well! I would've been freaking out. You guys are so awesome!

JANEAL said...

I'll bet it's a relief to have it over with. I'm sure it was wonderful!

Mike and Holly said...

We are so proud of you both! You will both be wonderful in this role. Can't wait to hear more!