Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Six-burgh Steelers!

WE DID IT!!!!
You notice that Ben is giving me the eye in this picture!

Getting ramped up for the game....

So... after a long season, of UPS and DOWNS, tons of injuries and nail-biting games we finally came out on top, after a too close for comfort Super Bowl Game. But what a game and what a season. (I do love that I act like I had any part in any of it. But I so feel like I did!)
We spent most Sunday afternoons over at our friends' Brian and Cindy's house (who are from Pennsylvania actually) enjoying the games, so of course we had to go there to watch our team WIN the Super Bowl. We had a great time and they had lots of fun in the final moments while I nearly had a heart attack no knowing if we were going to be able to pull it out or not!

Dan enjoying some of the cookies that I made in honor of the big game.
#92 - Harrison. Dan's Favorite player

Cindy and I with our Terrible Towel

Our friend Dan and Cindy cheering on the "D-Fence"

All of us watching the commercials during half-time with our "cool" 3-D glasses on

What a great season... I can't until next season for more football and to watch my Steelers play. I am hoping they come to this side of the country this year so that I might be able to actually see a game in person.... (fingers crossed)!

4 comments:

JANEAL said...

That's great that you love football that much and that "your" team won. I only watched one commercial and that was it! I'm just not a big sports fan. Well I do like watching basketball but only if I'm at the game.

The Hardy's said...

It looks like you had so much fun. Were the glasses just for kicks or do the commercials really work with 3D? GO STEELERS!

Robert and Lisa said...

It was a fun game to watch. I was not leaning toward either team but I enjoyed myself. Brian looks like he is on a roller coaster ride....those commercials must have been pretty intense!!

Lina said...

Me and Gary made an effort to stay up and watch but we could only last until 20 minutes after kick off....!! It was good what we saw thought, wish we could've been there with you guys and had those yummy cookies as well! I was being very american in my PJ sitting on the sofa having popcorn and Dr. Pepper!!!! YEAH!