Monday, February 9, 2009

Weekend Wrap-up: Concert Style

This weekend was a lot of fun. We were able to get out for a bit and enjoy a concert and then a fun football game.

Friday was the normal. We went to my mom's house for Friday Night Card Class. Tons of people were at class this week which was great. The guys did their thing and us girls had our weekly creative fill (which is always needed!)

Saturday we headed down to stateline to enjoy an evening of music. We got tickets to see Leann Rimes and ended up with room reservations at the hotel as well. It was nice to be able to see the concert and not have to drive all the way home when it was over.

The rooms are not too bad for being in the middle of nowhere! We got there and had time to get ready for the concert before and then watched some TV afterwards too.

Leann Rimes was a good show. We had seen her once before and were not totally impressed but she was much better this time. We had good seats which always helps too.

She didn't dress up too much which we thought was sort of weird. She was wearing her hair in a bun and literally had on stretch pants, with heals and a "wife beater". But hey, the girl can sing.

Sunday we went over to Brain and Cindy's and watched the Pro Bowl just for fun. I enjoyed the game but ended up with a pretty bad headache so we had to call the evening off pretty early.
We had a good weekend and are not looking forward to this busy week ahead of us. Tons of things to do and get ready for... Dan is out at the Marinas working all week. I have Visiting teaching, work for my mom and work for a friend. I am getting ready for the big Girls Camp Valentine's Dinner Fundraiser on Friday night... lots to do so I better get to it.

3 comments:

jojomynx said...

The girls in our branch are having a Girls Camp fundraiser Valentine's Day dinner as well...they added on an auction and have been getting things together with hopes everyone brings tons o'cash to spend! I hope it goes fantastic for your girls and they earn lots of $$$!

The Wilker Family said...

Sounds like a super fun weekend! Glad you guys had a good time (minus the headache, of course)!

The Hardy's said...

It looks like two king sized beds! Did you both have your own?:)

I'm glad you enjoyed your week and I hope the YW dinner went off without a hitch. As I'm typing this, I'm remembering that I completely SPACED bringing my contribution!!!!!! And yes, you did remind me! Please don't hate me!!! I am so sorry.