Friday, February 13, 2009

YW Fun-Raiser

Everyone loves fundraising right??? Just kidding. Fundraising and putting on ward parties are probably some of the things that people like doing the least. Well tonight I was in charge of doing those two exact things. Great....

Actually after a few weeks of planning, TONS of great help from the ward, an amazing turn out (which was so not expected on a Valentine's day, holiday weekend.. hello!) and an awesome assistant we did have a successful event.

We held a Valentine's Dinner that we called "Sweets for your Sweet". The entire ward was invited and it was a baked potato bar. Then we had the young women (okay mostly their moms, grandmas, YW leaders..etc.) make sweets that we auctioned off at the end of the evening as our fundraiser. We ended up with so many sweets I could not believe it. This was the part that I was the most nervous about, but was the most successful.

The whole ward (practically) turned out to support the YW and I am so thankful. I think we might actually be able to make it to Utah for Camp this summer. Yeah!!!

A special thanks to Dave Smith for running the auction. A part of the night I was not wanting to do at all.

Dan was able to head home with a Hawaiian desert that he missed from his mission. The Polynesians in the Branch used to feed him well.


So I stressed a bit but when all was said and done it was a great night and we were able to earn some money for Girls Camp and that was the most important part!

2 comments:

Lina said...

Sounds like you had a good night though! :-) Must be fun getting all this done as it will be so much fun in the end. Hard work always pays off in some way. :-) XXX

Rebecca and Co. said...

Aranne, you did a wonderful job, from organizing it to your remarks at the beginning. I think you're ready to give a talk in church soon, don't you? j/k You looked like a natural up there to me. I had a great time at the activity and you and Kara did an awesome job.