Sunday, November 1, 2009

November has arrived

November is here and it is for sure my favorite month... It is my birthday, Thanksgiving, the weather gets cooler and we get to pull out the sweatshirts, and most importantly it is National Adoption Month and we are able to bring adoption to the front of people's minds. I love this opportunity. I wish it came about more often!

"The 2009 National Adoption Month Theme


This years theme is "Answering the Call - You don't have to be perfect to be a perfect parent. There are thousands of teens in foster care who would love to put up with you."

This year's theme of adopting teens from foster care builds on the Ad Council's new public service announcement (PSA) campaign of the Children's Bureau, the Adoption Exchange Association, and The Collaboration to AdoptUsKids.

The main focus of National Adoption Month has been and continues to be foster care adoptions. There are approximately 129,000 children in foster care in the United States waiting for adoptive homes.

There is a strong need for adoptive families for older children, teens, children of color and sibling groups. The 2009 focus is more toward the African American community."
From About.com

5 comments:

The Wilker Family said...

You're right, a great month overall! I hope it's an awesome one for you guys!

ps. I'm in LOVE with your blog background and header!!! How did you do that?

Lina said...

Sounds like a great month for you, are you planning anything fun for your birthday? :-)

Rebecca and Co. said...

Thanks for including the 2009 theme! I love it. Happy November!

Wendy and Rick said...

I love November too. So when is the next time you guys are coming out to CA? It would be fun to see you guys? Do you do any adoption stuff here this month? Looks like you had a blast in Europe. I am so jealous.

Lisa said...

November is a month of remembering how grateful I am for all that I have. Especially for my sweet family. It is a month to also celebrate adoption and you are doing such a great job with all of your hard work for LDS Family Services. I know it will pay off for you soon and you will forget all of this waiting when you hold your sweet little baby. I PROMISE! I did! Love you tons!!!