Saturday, December 19, 2009

Painting Party





We finally decided to paint Blake's room! We have had his furniture for a while now so that was nice, and we actually had his bedding too but we never got around to actually painting the room. Well Blake is here now and we decided it might be nice to actually decorate the room and make him feel welcome here in our home.

I had the idea in my mind and knew what I wanted the room to look like but you never quite know what it is going to look like for sure.... I think it came out pretty close to the picture in my mind. We wanted to have some design/fun on the walls but wanted it to be easy to do so...that is where the circles came into play.

We still have a few things left to do... window valances, cushions on the rocking chair, a few pictures on the walls...but overall it is complete and we like it and actually feel like Blake likes it too. He looks around the room when we are in there and stares at the red circles on the walls...

5 comments:

The Hardy's said...

It looks so cute! You both did a great job. The furniture looks great in there too.

He will love looking at those circles and all the colors everytime you change his diaper.

jojomynx said...

So cute! What a great job you've done! You're so creative, I never would have thought of the circles on the walls.

Natalie said...

The circles are great! I think black, white and red are the first colors babies can see. He will love it.

The Wilker Family said...

I love it! The dots look great and I'm sure it looks even better in person!

Ashley said...

How creative are you?! I love the dots. I do have to say that I'm a little miffed that Blake's room looks better than my own ;)Guess I had better get to work!